Your greatest day...
PUBLISHED: 17:13 10 February 2009 | UPDATED: 08:57 21 February 2013
Essex Life's hair and make up experts from our bridal fashion shoot help you recreate these looks
MOISTURISER or primer is the key to fresher-looking skin. For a natural and radiant look, choose yellow-based shades for concealer, foundation and powders. When a shade is correct for your skin tone it will blend flawlessly and look like your skin.
For the eyes, sweep a light shade colour from lash line to brow bone, using a medium colour on the lower lid up to the crease followed by the darker shade on the outer eye and on the lower lash line for a smoky look. Blusher should be fresh-looking but a neutral shade. Lips should be kept neutral - one shade darker than natural.
GET IN TOUCH
Professional make up artist
FOR the first hair style on the Essex Life bridal fashion shoot we chose a more classic look. This was created by backcombing the hair on the top of the head to create a small amount of height, yet keeping a smooth fringe. For the back, soft barrel curls were created to produce a simple yet elegant effect to complement the beautiful but natural make up and the stunning dresses.
For the second style we chose a more contemporary look bringing the hair round to the side, which gives a natural, textured look with a bit of a kick. Both styles were finished off with Shine B from Paul Mitchell.
GET IN TOUCH
Kelly Hopkinson and Tiffany Cooper
Feathers Hair Salon
Bridge Street, Halstead
Also in Braintree, Colchester and Witham
Clarice House is the perfect retreat for relaxing in the build up to your wedding. The classic country house set in parkland offers a unique ambience and has all the health and beauty facilities you will need to prepare for your big day. Here are some tips to get you looking and feeling fantastic.
1. Start by detoxing Drink plenty of water, eat fresh fruit and vegetables and treat your skin to a beauty regime.
2. Hair Talk to your hairdresser about styles and colours and practice in advance to make sure you both know exactly what look you are aiming for on the day.
3. Prepare your skin Really indulge yourself with a deep cleansing facial to ensure your skin is looking rejuvenated and fresh. Treat your body to a complete body exfoliation and finish it off with a St Tropez spray tan.
4. Manicure Never forget your hands and feet - a manicure is a must. You will be showing off your beautiful wedding ring so don't let your hand let you down.
5. Relax Have fun and book yourselves and your friends on a day of pampering to celebrate your big day - hen days are full of laughter and can be finished off with bottles of bubbly and good food before saying goodbye to your single life.
GET IN TOUCH
Kingsford Park, Layer Road
Colchester CO2 0HS