Top beauty tips: Treatments, top-knots, summer mascara
PUBLISHED: 10:17 03 May 2016 | UPDATED: 10:17 03 May 2016
Here are the top beauty tips of the season including how to do the elusive top knot, summer mascara and Roslin Beach Hotel's treatment of the month
Treatment of the month
The Roslin Beach Hotel in Thorpe Bay has recently introduced new beautiful treatments, perfect for rejuvenating your skin for the summer season. Experience Polynesia, the exotic sensorial spa ritual, inspired by four of the most beautiful islands hidden in the heart of the Pacific Ocean. This luxurious Thalgo Polynesia Spa Ritual treatment is 90 minutes and begins with an azure water foot bath inspired by the crystal blue waters of the Manihi Lagoon to protect and hydrate the skin. Next is the Exotic Island Body Scrub, a gentle vanilla-scented body scrub blended with pure white sand from Bora Bora, sea salt, coconut shell and algo-monoi for a thorough exfoliation of the entire body to leave the skin feeling smooth and soft. The Mahana Massage incorporates a rhythmic Lomi-Lomi massage and warm sand pouches to loosen muscles and nourish the skin. Finally, Polynesian Sacred Oil from Raïatea, the sacred island, is swept over the skin, its subtle golden pearls leaving a sun kissed glow and a delicate scent of flowers and monoi. For information on this treatment, call the Roslin Beach Hotel on 01702 586 375.
How to create the versatile top-knot: Step-by-step
This step by step is for the simple, yet effective top knot. A great style for any occasion.
• Use a dry shampoo and spray the roots of your hair and brush through — this will add some texture to your hair making it easier to create the look.
• Add a small amount of oil through the middle and ends of your hair and comb smooth.
• Comb the hair back into a smooth, secure high ponytail on top of your head. Spray any flyaways with a light hold hairspray.
• Take the ponytail and tie your hair in a knot onto the base of the head. Secure the edges with kirby grips.
• Take the remaining loose end of the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the knot and secure.
• Finish the look with a light shine spray (we recommend Wella Sebastian Shine Shaker).
David John Salon, 163-164 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, CM2 0LD, 01245 265834, www.davidjohnsalon.co.uk
Make-up must-have summer season mascara
So Curl Mascara by SISLEY curls, thickens and instantly coats the lashes and is available in three luscious colours — deep blue, black and brown.
Its complete caring formula combines three actions:
• eyelashes appear fuller and longer in four weeks thanks to vitamin-rich Peptide and Arginine
• eyelashes appear stronger with continued use
• eyelashes are more beautiful day after day
Its complex of curling and fixing polymers, combined with its lash-curling brush, gives the lashes an incredible, instant and lasting curve. Its dual-coating ultra-pure pigments provide intense colour and long-lasting make-up. This product is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers too.
So Curl Mascara is £39 and is available at www.sisley-paris.com