Bride Special: The Wedding Show comes to Colchester
PUBLISHED: 12:11 24 October 2016 | UPDATED: 12:11 24 October 2016
Inspiration, information and ideas await brides-to-be at the first Bride: The Wedding Show at Crowne Plaza Resort Five Lakes in Colchester. Joanne Goodwin explains more
Organising a wedding is a big job and juggling each element to create the perfect day can be an overwhelming experience. Whether you’re planning a grand event or a more intimate celebration, every aspect should be added to the jigsaw puzzle with precision and professionalism, but where to start?
Bride: The Wedding Show in Colchester launches later this year, welcoming bridal parties to Crowne Plaza Resort Five Lakes for an unforgettable event on November 5 and 6. This new event will be the latest show to be launched by Essex Life’s publishing company and the latest addition to Archant Bride’s portfolio of wedding shows held at prestigious venues across the country.
Bride: The Wedding Show in Colchester is set to be a highly-enjoyable, fun-filled weekend. Uniting nearly 100 of the region’s finest suppliers under one roof, from cake-makers and florists to entertainers and photographers, the two-day event will also play host to a captivating catwalk show three times on each day: at 11.30am, 1.15pm and 2.45pm. The catwalk will feature bridal, bridesmaid, occasion and menswear from suppliers exhibiting at the show, while providing an electric spectacle to enthuse and excite audiences.
And that’s not all. Britain’s Got Talent 2016 runner-up, swing singer Wayne Woodward, will take to the catwalk stage for a performance at 2pm on both days, just before the 2.45pm shows.
Wayne will also serenade visitors in the café, where couples can talk to him about booking his services for their special day. Show-exclusive deals, discounts and competitions from suppliers will be on offer, as well as a golden ticket giveaway and goody bags for the first 100 brides through the door daily.
Visitors are also invited to enjoy a flute of fizz at the Champagne bar and pick up a free copy of Essex Bride magazine, as well as a copy of Essex Life magazine.
Ten ways to get the most out of a wedding show from exhibitors set to appear at Bride: The Wedding Show in Colchester
1 ‘Go with an open mind. Walk around slowly and explore all of the stands – you don’t want to miss an opportunity.’
James Whitaker-Sheppard, senior travel designer at Travel Designers. Stand 43
2. ‘Enjoy your day and use it as an opportunity to talk to wedding suppliers face to face, so that you can get a feel for the companies and the products and services they have to offer.’
Lizzie Reid, owner of Photo Booth Events: Stand 29
3. ‘Come with a plan, make a list of what you need or are looking for, and of course come early.’
Chanon de Valois of Chanon deValois Photography: Stand 87
4. ‘Go in with a plan of action of what you would like to achieve during your visit. If you want to book a particular vendor, make sure you visit all of the competition and get to know the owners well before booking.’
Laura Bennett of LJB Photo: Stand 267
5. ‘Make sure you have plenty of water and comfortable shoes. Wedding shows are always busy with lots of stands bursting with information. Take your time and speak to exhibitors to find out more about their service.’
Maria Michael, owner of Detheo Photography: Stand 185
6. ‘Take a notebook. Write down who you spoke to and what services they offer.’ Dave Walker, director of Celebrations Wedding & Party Hire: Stand 11
7. ‘Take time to look around and ask questions. If you already have suppliers in mind, visit their stands, make notes and take pictures of any displays that you like.’
David and Jayne Spooner, owners of East Coast Classics: Outside exhibitor
8. ‘Go in with an open mind. Quite frequently couples have very fixed ideas about what they want, but I’d also advise them to listen to our suggestions; we have the experience and we know what works and what doesn’t!’
Tom Ryder, musician: Stand 111
9. ‘Chat to the suppliers, we are all here to help you get the very best out of your wedding day. It’s important you get to know the people who are going to be contributing to your big day as you will be liaising with them a lot on the lead up to it.’
Victoria Cook, owner of Dazed Photography: Stand 5
10. ‘Take your time and stroll around a couple of times before you pick specific stands to visit. Just enjoy the day.’
Giles Cowley, baker at Sassa’s Cake: Stand 163
Find out more
Tickets to the show are £6 each, £10 for two or £18 for four in advance from www.theweddingshow.co.uk. Tickets are £7.50 each on the door.
Bride: The Wedding Show is at Crowne Plaza Five Lakes Resort, Colchester, Essex from 5-6 November 2016, 10am to 4pm.
The 2016/17 issue of Essex Bride is 132 pages of wedding inspiration from brides stories and advice to fashion and wedding styling. It is on sale from October 6, priced £3.99 and available from www.buyamag.co.uk/bride