Why Essex is the best place to be for Christmas
PUBLISHED: 15:34 07 November 2017 | UPDATED: 10:04 11 January 2018
Christmas in Essex has something for everyone with an irresistible combination of modern and traditional. Here are 21 reasons why Essex is the best place to spend your Christmas
1. For some people a countryside walk at Christmas is a tradition. Essex is home to some staggeringly beautiful areas just perfect for a family stroll…
2. Such as Epping Forest…
3. Or Saffron Walden…
4. There’s plenty of wintry wildlife to spot and maybe even take a photo or two.
5. No walk would be complete without stopping at your favourite cosy pub to warm up by the fire.
6. Lots of them are dog friendly too!
7. When you’re looking to do some Christmas shopping, Essex’s Christmas Markets sell some wonderful homemade Christmas gifts.
8. And the towns have some of the best High Street fashions around.
9. We all know shopping gets tiring so remember to take lots of breaks! There’s an abundance of charming local cafés and tea-shops to try.
10. Preparing for Christmas doesn’t always have to be stressful, you can get the family together and make a day of picking the tree. Maybe let the kids meet Santa, or pet some live reindeer.
11. Our fantastic farm shops are sure to have all of the best quality ingredients you’ll need for a sumptuous Christmas dinner.
12. And whether it’s turkey, goose or chicken, look no further than your local Essex butcher to provide the bird.
13. The county’s numerous stately homes and gardens make for the perfect festive day out and often run events fit for all the family to enjoy.
14. Essex towns come to life over the festive season and there’s so much to see and do.
15. From heart-warming carol services…
16. to some of the best Christmas pantomimes being performed at theatres all over the county.
17. Treat the kids to a festive animal experience at Colchester Zoo.
18. Or keep them active on a winter’s day with a trip to the Brentwood Ski Centre.
19. Toast to the New Year in your favourite Essex bar – there are oodles of fantastic establishments to choose from.
20. London is on our doorstep so you can even pay a visit to the capital and celebrate in style.
21. Essex really is a wonderful location to spend the festive season, so what are you waiting for?
Looking for the perfect gift idea this Christmas? Click here to treat yourself or a loved one to a subscription to Essex Life from just £11.50!